Tour Vinicunca 7-color mountain : Rainbow Mountain or «Vinicunca» is a majestic place and a gift of nature. It is located near the Ausangate mountain in the region of Cusco, Peru. It is one of the places that crowds of tourists have not yet discovered. The Rainbow Mountain was explored only by the local Andean people. Vinicunca is one of the most spectacular places in the Cordillera Vilcanota because it retains its natural color given by the presence of eroded sedimentary rocks. The rocks are impressive for their colorfulness since they are formed by seven colors. Therefore, the mountain is also known as Mountain of 7 colors.
It is a full day hike up to the rainbow mountain, located at an altitude of over 4,400 meters (14,400 feet) above sea level, leading along a dirt road between the looming peaks of stunning green and red rocks. It’s a beautiful route that passes through local, stone-built villages and glistening mountain streams. Don’t even consider trying this hike until you have spent a few days acclimatizing to the altitude in the Cusco region.
- Schedule: 04:00 am to 05:30 pm.
- Duration: 13 Hours.
- Cancellation and Rescheduling Policy: 48 Hours in advance.
- Weather: Subject to weather conditions (In case of cancellation due to weather conditions, we will refund 100% of your payment).
- Type of Trip: Adventure, Nature & Culture.
- Trip Style: Hiking, High Mountain, Villages and Local Communities.
DAY 01: TOURS TO THE SEVEN COLOR MOUNTAIN – CUSCO
The adventure begins very early between 4:30-5:00 am when we pick you up from your accommodation to take you for a walk to the village of Chirihuani in the district of Cusipata, south of the city of Cusco. On the way, we stop for a while to buy the last food (e.g. water or energy drinks, snacks, cereals, etc.). Then, we continue the ride observing multicolored landscapes and diverse crops that blend between the mysterious mountains and snow-capped peaks, and the deep valley where you can admire beautiful Andean animals such as llamas, alpacas, sheep and vicuñas. At 7:30 am, we arrive at the picturesque village of Chirihuani, where our cook serves us a delicious breakfast.
Then, we return to our minibus and head to the starting point of our tour. We start climbing for 1 hour and 30 minutes until we reach the slopes of the Red Valley, the access point to the mystical place of Vinicunca. We follow a path through which the mountainous landscape gradually changes its intense colors, while small streams of icy water feed and animate the valley. Later, we reach an altitude of 5,200 meters above sea level, the summit of the mysterious 7-colored mountain (or Vinicunca). This is the right spot to take enough photos and videos. In addition, we have refreshments, while our eyes enjoy the magic of the mountains enclosed behind a veil of clouds and snow-capped peaks.
Returning from the colorful mountain, we take a walk back to Chirihuani. Here, we have a delicious and well-deserved lunch prepared by our cook. After that, we board our minibus and return to Cusco arriving there around 5 pm. The tour ends in the center of Cusco.
7 Colors Mountain Includes
- Pick up at your hotel.
- Transportation to and from Quesiun
- Entrance ticket to access to the mountain area ( s/ 25.00)
- 01 Breakfast
- 01 Buffet lunch.
- Professional bilingual guide.
- First aid kit.
- Oxygen Balloon
- Vegetarian / special diet options available
Mountain of 7 colors Does not include
- Personal horse to ride round trip ( s/ 70.00)
- Tips for the muleteers, cook and guide.
WHAT TO BRING
- Hiking shoes / hiking boots: A participant of the Rainbow Mountain hike should wear hiking shoes that offer support, slip-resistance, mesh and shock absorption so that he or she can concentrate on the beautiful scenery of the hike. Shoes should also be waterproof and have a tongue and ankles that provide comfort and protection. A rubber sole is also recommended for impact protection.
- Small backpack to carry personal items during daily trips when large luggage is not necessary.
- Jacket should be lightweight, waterproof, windproof, specially designed for adventure and preferably made of bright colors to make you visible from far away.
- Trekking pants should be convertible (pants – shorts), have large capacity pockets and meet your comfort during weather changes. It is suitable to be made of resistant and waterproof fabrics.
- Hiking poles allow you to walk with ease and provide support with every step.}
- Warm clothing such as jacket, fleece and alpaca sweaters.
- Hat or cap as protection against the sun, rain and cold.
- Sunglasses (very important)
- Sunscreen or sunblock.
- After sun cream or moisturizer.
- KN95 mask
- Face Protector