Hike to Salkantay and Machu Picchu, Day 1: MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA
Salkantay Trek Tour to Machu Picchu 05 Days / 04 Nights . The first day of the trek to Salkantay and Machu Picchu will begin with the pick-up from the hotel at 4:30 am to go by bus to Mollepata, passing through the towns of Izcuchaca and Limatambo. After 3 hours we arrive at Mollepata (2800 meters above sea level) ) After a light breakfast we start our walk to the area called Cruzpata where lunch awaits us with a beautiful panoramic view of the Huvantay 4120m and Salkantay 6271m. We continue our journey between valleys and beautiful landscapes until soraypampa 3800m.s.n.m, where we will spend the first night the highest and coldest night in our entire tour.
Salkantay walk tour
Hike to Salkantay and Machu Picchu, Day 2: SORAYPAMPA – CHAULLAY OR COLLPAPAMPA
We have our breakfast Approx. at 5:30 a.m. and we began our trek to the top of the entire 4650m walk located in the middle of the road between 2 Salkantay mountains on the right and Tucarhuay on the left the famous Umantay. The view of 2 snow-capped mountains after a break will continue our walk through a forest cloud towards huayracpunku where we will have a lunch, then we will head towards our second camp of Chaullay or Colcapampa 3000m.
Hike to Salkantay and Machu Picchu, Day 3: CHAULLAY – LA PLAYA – SANTA TERESA
After having breakfast around 8 am, we will go by bus to Lucmabamba. From there we walk to the ruins of Llaqtapata in about 2 hours and after a short rest, we will descend for another half hour to the Llaqtapata lodge. We will have lunch in this amazing place with an amazing view of Machu Picchu and Huayna Picchu and free time for the rest of the afternoon to relax, explore the area or go horseback riding. Then we will have a traditional Peruvian dinner and we will have a good night’s rest to prepare for the next day.
Hike to Salkantay and Machu Picchu, Day 4: SANTA TERESA – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will have breakfast at 8:00 am, then leave our camp at Santa Teresa, cross the bridge of Santa Teresa or Oroya and follow the river route. We continue walking passing a variety of plantations of coca, banana etc. until reaching the hydroelectric station and after lunch. We continue walking about two and a half hours along the train path. Arriving at the town of Aguas Calientes where we will rest that night in a hostel. In hot waters you can take a thermal bath in the optional village.
Salkantay walk welcome to Machu Picchu
Hike to Salkantay and Machu Picchu, Day 5: MACHU PICCHU
At the last of the trek to Salkantay and Machu Picchu, we get up early in the morning around 4 am to have breakfast at 4:30 am then take a walk to Machu Picchu, which will take an hour and a half to reach Machu Picchu to appreciate the magnificent city of Machu Picchu as well as sunrise. We have guided in Machu Picchu (approximately 2 hours) after this you can explore the mysterious city of Machu Picchu by yourself. if you still have energy you can also climb the mountain of Huaynapicchu (2720m) which will take you 45 minutes to reach the summit, the latter is optional. Return to Cusco, if you want an extra night in Aguas Calientes, it can be arranged. (Please let us know if you would like to stay an additional night when booking your trip.
- Bilingual professional guide and a guide assistant (for a group of 10 or more people).
- Bus to mollepata
- Tourist train back to Ollantaytambo or Cusco
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Food: 4 breakfasts, 4 lunches 4 snacks in the afternoon (hot drinks and popcorn) and 4 dinners.
- Professional chef
- Quadruple stores for two people.
- Camping equipment (kitchen and dining tent, chairs and tables).
- Mattresses for the floor.
- Arriero, mules or porters (to load camping equipment and food).
- 1 night of lodging in Aguas calientes.
- Oxygen balloon for some emergency.
- Vegetarian option
- Entrance to Salkantay National Park (30 soles or 10 dollars) in case you require a ticket.
- The first breakfast in Mollepata and the last lunch in Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance to the thermal baths (santa teresa 5 soles).
- Aguas calientes (10 soles).
- Sleeping bag.
- Hot water bus ticket to Machupicchu (optional) 12 dollars up or down (6 dollars) and you can
- Buy this at the hot water bus station.
- Horse water bottle.